Mary Be Kitchen, opening in October at Yonge + St. Clair, is an express-casual concept-restaurant serving simple, wholesome, honest food made from scratch. We call it whole food for the soul – an uncomplicated, diet-free, rule-free, gimmick-free way to eat and be healthy.
We are now hiring Baristas to join our team. If you are excited about wellness, delicious food and coffee, and unsurpassed hospitality, and you want to work with awesome people in a brand new, beautiful space, come and work with us! Expected starting date: October 20, 2017.
TO APPLY, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line which position you are applying for.
QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have expert knowledge and a passion for third wave craft coffee and tea. You can make premium espresso beverages with your eyes closed.
- You are friendly, warm, sincere, welcoming, energetic and patient.
- You are a quick, efficient multi-tasker who stays calm under pressure. You will be serving a busy office crowd and they need to get in and out of there quickly.
- You have a knack for names and faces. We want to get to know our guests, address them by name and make all of them feel right at home.
- You are passionate about health, wellness and delicious wholesome food and will share these passions with our guests so that they leave our restaurant eager to return again.
- You might be Smart Serve certified and have experience in the service of alcohol, although this is not essential.
- You are able to work flexible hours, including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You are able to carry and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, stoop and bend, and stand and move for extended periods of time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take orders; make coffee and tea beverages in accordance with Mary Be standards and recipes.
- Train and teach our front of house team members.
- Assist at point of sale system or in front of house as necessary; answer menu questions; sell daily features; process payments.
- Handle guest concerns with and without the support of the management team.
- Clear, clean and restock all side stations and food and beverage stations.
- Prepare, pour and deliver beverages, including alcoholic beverages.
- Keep all coffee/espresso equipment, accessories, dishware, packaging and products in an impeccable state of organization, tidiness and cleanliness.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers; assist with ordering, receiving and stocking. Oversee equipment maintenance.
PAY & PERKS
- $12 -$16 per hour, depending on your experience.
- One free meal, coffee and tea whenever you are working (conditions may apply).