Front of House Team Members
Mary Be Kitchen, opening in October at Yonge + St. Clair, is an express-casual concept-restaurant serving simple, wholesome, honest food made from scratch. We call it whole food for the soul – an uncomplicated, diet-free, rule-free, gimmick-free way to eat and be healthy.
We are now hiring Front of House Team Members to join our team. If you are excited about wellness, delicious wholesome food, and unsurpassed hospitality, and you want to work with awesome people in a brand new, beautiful space, come and work with us! Expected starting date: October 20, 2017.
TO APPLY, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line which position you are applying for.
QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You are friendly, warm, sincere, welcoming, energetic and patient. Our front of house team creates the first impression for each guest and we want it to be a memorable one.
- You are a quick, efficient multi-tasker who stays calm under pressure. You will serving a hungry office lunch crowd and they need to get in and out of there quickly.
- You have a knack for names and faces. We want to get to know our guests, address them by name and make all of them feel right at home.
- You are passionate about health, wellness and delicious wholesome food and will share these passions with our guests so that they leave our restaurant eager to return again.
- You are neat, tidy and organized and excel at keeping your workspace in the same manner.
- You might have relevant experience, including barista experience and/or experience with point of sale systems and alcohol service, but this is not absolutely necessary. We can train the right people!
- You are able to work flexible hours, including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You are able to carry and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, stoop and bend, and stand and move for extended periods of time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take orders; answer menu questions; sell daily features and menu add on’s; process payments.
- Learn our point of sale system inside out. Study and taste our menu so that you can help customers decide what to order. Assist the barista in making coffee and tea beverages.
- Handle guest concerns with and without the support of the management team.
- Clear, clean, and restock all side stations and food and beverage stations. Merchandize products.
- Prepare, pour and deliver beverages, including alcoholic beverages. Deliver food, clear and clean tables.
- Pitch in with all areas of the restaurant as required, including with food prep and plating, cleaning, receiving and stocking. Assist in keeping the restaurant impeccably tidy, clean and organized.
PAY & PERKS
- $12 -$14 per hour, depending on your experience.
- One free meal, coffee and tea whenever you are working (conditions may apply).