Prep and Line Cooks
Mary Be Kitchen, opening in October at Yonge + St. Clair, is an express-casual concept-restaurant serving simple, wholesome, honest food made from scratch. We call it whole food for the soul – an uncomplicated, diet-free, rule-free, gimmick-free way to eat and be healthy.
We are now hiring Line Cooks/Prep Cooks to join our team. If you are excited about wellness, wholesome food, and unsurpassed hospitality and if you have always wanted to work in a kitchen full of windows (yes!), come and work with us! Expected starting date: October 20, 2017.
TO APPLY, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line which position you are applying for.
QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You are a quick, efficient multi-tasker who can prioritize and stay energetic in a high-volume kitchen environment. You are calm under pressure.
- Related kitchen experience, good knife skills, and a food handler’s certification are all assets.
- You love to work with veggies, or would like to learn more about plant-based cooking, but you can also grill a steak or chicken breast to perfection.
- You are able to work flexible hours, including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You are able to carry and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, stoop and bend, and stand and move for extended periods of time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cook, prep, grill, plate, bake, clean and stock. As a cook at Mary Be, you should be ready and willing to go wherever you are needed during a shift.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in an impeccably clean, sanitary and organized condition.
- Prepare all food in accordance with recipes and with close attention to target ticket times.
- Communicate effectively with management regarding inventory and food quantities and quality in prep, on the line and in holding. Communicate effectively with the next shift to ensure that stations are stocked and ready for service.
- Ensure proper rotation, labeling and dating of all products, and thoroughly document wasted product on waste sheets.
PAY & PERKS
- $13 -$18 per hour, depending on your experience.
- One free meal, coffee and tea whenever you are working (conditions may apply).